Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Silver Liningness Sunday

Welcome to the last Sunday of 2012!  I was thinking about doing a silver liningness year-end post, but that seemed like too much work, so I squelched it after about 30 seconds of thought.

I've enjoyed this week off from work.  The crosswalk is, of course, closed during winter break for school, and the only tutoring biz I've done has been paperwork and a bit of e-mail correspondence.  It has been a true week of sloth, inefficiency, and time mismanagement!

Still, Christmas happened.  The kids are happy with their gifts and winter break activities.  Recall that we had a snow day on the last school day before the break.  The poor high schoolers were taking finals that week.  Some have to go back to a final exam when they return in January.  Wolfgang, thankfully, was pretty much done, so he has joined me in my sloth, inefficiency, and time mismanagement.

Oh, and I did get that iPod I was craving.  Got a nano, and it's now loaded up with fave tunes.  This morning, I held a ceremonial burial of my ancient cassette tapes.  It's almost embarrassing to admit I had them.

Along with the arrival of new stuff comes one of my favorite activities - purging old stuff!  I have a feeling the cassettes were just a beginning.



Before I close, I do want to acknowledge a few silver liningness milestones from 2012:


  • created 53 "publishable" artworks
  • ran 1115 miles despite the bum foot
  • kept the tutoring schedule full up
  • learned to say "no" to tutoring inquiries when the schedule was full up
  • visited some new places
  • got a new cat
  • got a snake
  • had a first ever real-life blog friend meet up!
  • ... which resulted in a first ever mud run
  • got one kid settled in at college
  • visited my old school with another kid
  • blogged every day
  • replaced the Subaru (may she rest in peace) with the Element
  • stayed sane, so far, despite a few strayings


I'm looking forward to 2013!  I think it will be even better than 2012.  I've no specific reason for thinking that other than I'm just rose-colored glassed that way.  I look forward to enjoying it with all of my blog friends, old and new!
.

4 comments:

Indigene said...

Wow, Abby, you've done some amazing things in 2012! I haven't been to IF in a while, but I wanted to stop in and wish you a great, happy and safe New Year, and more creating in 2013! :)

Linda Hensley said...

Looks like a year well lived. Congratulations! Here's to hoping that 2013 is everything you hope it to be!

ShadowRun300 said...

Sounds like a nice sloth-y week for you and a great year as well! Will you all be doing your New Year's Eve run tonight??

terri said...

You've had an eventful year and it seems like the ups outweighed the downs, so that makes it a success. Glad you had a week of sloth to enjoy. Everyone deserves some down time now and then.