I've enjoyed this week off from work. The crosswalk is, of course, closed during winter break for school, and the only tutoring biz I've done has been paperwork and a bit of e-mail correspondence. It has been a true week of sloth, inefficiency, and time mismanagement!
Still, Christmas happened. The kids are happy with their gifts and winter break activities. Recall that we had a snow day on the last school day before the break. The poor high schoolers were taking finals that week. Some have to go back to a final exam when they return in January. Wolfgang, thankfully, was pretty much done, so he has joined me in my sloth, inefficiency, and time mismanagement.
Oh, and I did get that iPod I was craving. Got a nano, and it's now loaded up with fave tunes. This morning, I held a ceremonial burial of my ancient cassette tapes. It's almost embarrassing to admit I had them.
Along with the arrival of new stuff comes one of my favorite activities - purging old stuff! I have a feeling the cassettes were just a beginning.
Before I close, I do want to acknowledge a few silver liningness milestones from 2012:
- created 53 "publishable" artworks
- ran 1115 miles despite the bum foot
- kept the tutoring schedule full up
- learned to say "no" to tutoring inquiries when the schedule was full up
- visited some new places
- got a new cat
- got a snake
- had a first ever real-life blog friend meet up!
- ... which resulted in a first ever mud run
- got one kid settled in at college
- visited my old school with another kid
- blogged every day
- replaced the Subaru (may she rest in peace) with the Element
- stayed sane, so far, despite a few strayings
I'm looking forward to 2013! I think it will be even better than 2012. I've no specific reason for thinking that other than I'm just rose-colored glassed that way. I look forward to enjoying it with all of my blog friends, old and new!