Children of the Corn?
This week's Illustration Friday prompt is "kernel". I found this to be a challenging prompt. About the only thing I could think of was popcorn. I like popcorn. The only time I eat it, however, is when I'm watching a movie. And only if I'm watching with someone else. What is it about movies and popcorn?
Looking up the definition yielded:
1. the softer, usually edible part contained in the shell of a nut or the stone of a fruit.
2. the body of a seed within its husk or integuments.
3. a whole seed grain, as of wheat or corn.
4. South Atlantic States . the pit or seed of a peach, cherry, plum, etc.
5. the central or most important part of anything; essence; gist; core:
What I latched onto for the illustration was that 5th and final definition. Kernel as the central or most important part of anything. It's not so much the movie or the popcorn.
It's about experiencing it with a friend. That's the important part.