Ooooh... double-X, how risque!
In visiting some blogs this week, I noticed a few mentioning the unmentionable word "resolutions". I think I typically have blogged some goals at the start of a new year. Then I forget what they were and have to go check my archives. This year, I trashed the old blog... ERGO - No archives! I win!
I thought I would use this weeks Silver Lining Saturday episode to look back over the year and ponder the near future, anyway.
* I started my current job a little over a year ago, a fresh graduate of teacher training. For 2009, I want to add one or two more tests to my repertoire, and more happy students. A raise would be nice too.
* On a related note, we'll continue to cut back and to stock the pantry and savings. Economic crisis and all that.
* I ran 2085 miles in 2008. For 2009, I want to run... more. Including a real race or two.
* I can't remember the last time I had a cold, certainly not in 2008. Great, I probably just jinxed myself.
* I think I improved some friendships by just being more accessible and authentic this past year, and I'll continue that attitude. Ya gotta have friends. Real ones.
* For the mom wars, I think the kids have gotten more responsible and independent. Yeah, they slip back now and then, but so do I! I think real progress comes from setting a good example, not from just talking about these things. Oop - just remembered. Chaco learns to drive soon! (I think I can... I think I can... I think I can...).
* Magnum and I have already decided to go on more dates. He says he wants to get back into playing tennis like we did BC (before children). This should be interesting.
Bottom line, my MAIN goal for the new year is to venture outside of my comfort zone. On a regular basis. I know that's vague, but I do have specific goals in some areas and plan on setting more in others.
Oh yeah, and to always notice the silver linings and be thankful!