Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Sunday speaking of

Happy Sunday, blogworld.  I'm currently enjoying a cup o' tea, getting ready for a pleasant tutee and thought I'd do a Silver Lining Sunday post.

Speaking of tutees, my schedule is full of 'em, and for that I'm grateful - all nice kids/young adults.  I'll give a shout out again to high speed internet finally finding our neighborhood.  And I do have a handful of local students because it's nice to get outta the house too.

Speaking of getting outta the house,  I went for a bike ride this morning, and fall is definitely here.  Two words for this morning:  FOG GEE.  It was noticeably chilly too - I had to break out gloves and stuff.  I snapped this pic after a good portion of the fog had cleared out and I could actually see across the street.  I'm grateful for my bike lights!




Speaking of recreation, I'm having fun riding the Inktober bandwagon.  I've managed to keep up for this first week.  I'm finding it nicely therapeutic, but I'm not sure just what the therapy is for?  I'm following a few others on Instagram in addition to seeing what Wolfgang's got to offer.  Here are my days one thru six:





Speaking of social media, my P.E.O. chapter is having a fundraiser coming up next weekend.  Wine and Cheese and silent auction social - actual face-to-face socializing and nice way to bring in some cash.  I'm also glad I'm not Prez this year 😊.

Onward to the tuting, and then exhaustion!  (That's today's Inktober prompt: exhausted)
Thanks for stopping by!  



11 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

It was nice to read a grateful blog - you really d id have a lot of nice things to be grateful for.

Abby said...

Chatty, every day :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

"roasted" oh my goodness that is a big sick Abby...but I love it.

Abby said...

Margaret, it's roasted SUNFLOWER SEEDS! Naturally ;)

Morgan Cartwright said...

Your Inktober Drawings make me smile. They are so good. Has it been raining a lot there? Kansas City has been all fog and rain lately.

Annsterw said...

All drawings are awesome! You are so talented...I draw stick people-UGH! Glad yo have bike lights...that could be a scary ride that early without! Have a great day~

Abby said...

Morgan, we're all fog and rain too after record breaking heat! I'm so confused.

Ann, stick people! Maybe I'll save that idea for one of these inktober days. I still have 22 more days to go. Bike lights and bright pink - that's me these days :)

Ginny said...

FOG GEE is going to be the only way I can say that word now ha ha. I actually like the fog but I suppose it's not the best for being able to see where you are going on a bike

Abby said...

Ginny, I like fog too, but yeah... not the best for seeing stuff.

ShadowRun300 said...

We haven’t had the fog here, but the rain... sheesh! Although I hate to complain, some people certainly have it worse.
I always enjoy looking at your sketches. And I think I’ve mentioned before that I especially enjoy that you think outside the box on your topics - roasted and drooling for example. :)
Glad to hear your tutees are keeping you busy. And have fun not being president at your PEO fundraiser!

Abby said...

SR300, yes people definitely have it worse than fog and rain!
I think I enjoy inktober because of the prompts - trying to come up with something and seeing what others come up with.