Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2018

baring arms

"You're the first person to come in wearing short sleeves today"

This from Geej, the girl who gives my weekly allergy shots.

And I was all, "Well... yeah, I'm here for shots"

In fact I told her that I'd changed before going because it wasn't a day to be wearing short sleeves - the reason why everyone else who'd come in had to figure out ways to bare their upper arm(s).  I like to keep it simple and skip the disrobing.  Plus I'm strangely obedient when a medical person tells me to do something like, "wear short sleeves when you come in for shots".

But yeah, it's been cold and drizzly here all week.  We got snowed upon.  It's early for that stuff, so people are confused, and I got a gold star from the allergist's.

And speaking of prizes, looky what I won from Ann over at Annster's Domain!


Yup, Ann had a blog door prize of sorts to celebrate her 1000th blog post, and I won the Starbuck's Gift card!  What a treat!

For those who don't know Ann and her blog, it's always a fun place to visit with upbeat posts and good times.  Take a break from the &%*!^# news headlines and visit Annster's!

In other diversion news, I'm managing to keep my head above water for Inktober.  Here are thumbnails of the latest submissions:



I ordered some new pens and expect them to come in the mail today.  The ones I've been using for Inktober are on their last legs, I think, but I'm keeping the drive alive 💪and trying to put some ink on paper every day as I excitedly watch for the mailman.  Yeah, simple pleasures...





3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I am like you - I'd wear the short sleeves and add a sweater!

Linda Hensley said...

Congrats! And congrats on keeping up with Inktober too. I've thought about participating. Does that count? You're "cruel" makes me laugh :)

Abby said...

Chatty, that's exactly what I did. Gold star for you!

Linda, I think thinking about Inktober counts for something!
Cruel - ugh - one of the first things that came to mind :'(