Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2018

we bought a condo

We've been thinking about it for a while, but hadn't gotten around to actually doing anything about it.  So finally today, we put down the cash and bought us a condo.

Well, not really "us", it's for whats-his-face.  The cat.

Nothing ridiculous, only a basic thing to climb on and scratch and lay around on while peering out the window.  My online shopping showed me that one can really get ridiculous with the cat condo.
Fur example:






So no.  We're not doing anything like these.  He's getting this igloo type thing:



The advertisement photo shows it with a teeny cat, to make the condo look bigger than it actually is, I guess. Still, it's got a cozy bed, a private room, soft sides...

I want one for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up this week with Mama Kat for the prompt:
2. Write about your most recent purchase.



7 comments:

Jimmy said...

Wow those are some snazzy kitty condos, probably bigger than some places I have lived. The one you got looks perfect though.

Madamdreamweaver said...

I like that first big one, but---really, we wouldn't have room for anything that big. We have a small one with a round "Igloo" part on the bottom and a carpet covered shelf above that, which is the same height as the window sill, so she can lay comfortably in the sun. We bought it for the shelf part, which she uses. She never goes in the igloo part. Cats are their own people.

Riot Kitty said...

Ha! Awesome. I want one, too. But Mandrake would probably call dibs.

ShadowRun300 said...

So does he like it? We’ve thought about getting a “condo” for our cat, but I still think he’ll choose to sleep on the pillow right above my head. :/

Linda Hensley said...

I'm sticking with dogs. They don't need condos. Aside from that, I'm wondering if the kids at school actually eat anything healthy? When I was subbing I didn't see much besides french fries and nachos with cheese sauce.

Abby said...

We have to wait about a month for delivery! I'm guessing the company only makes them when they get an order?
Hopefully he'll like it. I'm going to put it next to a window, so he can sit up there and be nosy. I doubt he'll spend all his restful time there, though. He likes to "sleep around".

KatBouska said...

I want a wall climbing tree for my cats! That looks like fun!