Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

five things

I'm linking up with Mama Kat this week for this "5 things" thing...

"List 5 things we don't know about you"

Well, that's a bit of a challenge, because I've been blogging and oversharing for quite some time, but here goes, in no particular order:

  • I've never had a traffic ticket of any kind, maybe because I don't like to drive much.
  • That's partly because cars put me to sleep, I  KNOW  I could fall asleep at the wheel.
  • I'm currently crushing on Sam Smith - that voice, those eyes - even though he's most likely gay.



  • I've been featured in advertising brochures at two different places I worked, both times as a generic minority female engineer.
  • Got these new tights for practically free as a birthday thing from our friendly sporting goods store:



             I took them for their maiden run this morning and I luv 'em.  The cat apparently
             couldn't care less.


"5 things you're knowledgeable about"
  • Bushcraft.  Strangely enough.
  • How stuff is made via automation.  I was a (generic minority female) manufacturing engineer for several years.






  • Math.  Numbers are just so trustworthy.
  • Sleeping around.  KIDDING!  Just checking to see if anyone's reading after that riveting coat hanger video
  • Blogging instead of doing homework, clearly.


"5 things you know nothing about"

Just five??

  • Video games.  We've had gaming systems of some kind in our home for a good 12 years or so, and other than Guitar Hero, I know nothing.
  • Making pie.  I've never made a pie from scratch.  Never.  Maybe I should design an automated process.
  • Snowboarding.  Yes, I know I live in Colorado.
  • Investing.  Otherwise, we'd be rich.
  • The Kardashians, and I'm not about to start.


"5 things you believe"

  • "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
  • "We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy.  The amount of work is the same."


  • "In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is."
  • "If someone is nice to you but rude to the waitress, they are not a nice person."


---------------------------------------------------------------------


4. Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe.

.

17 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Great answers! I enjoyed this and yes I'm afraid Sam Smith is gay. My younger daughter thinks he's hot too and is quite disappointed he's not straight. He has a great voice.

terri said...

I've been featured in corporate promotions a couple of times, mostly because I just happened to be in the right place when the photography was happening.

Love your new tights! (What brand?)

Your "things you know nothing about" category is pretty respectable. Mine would have to include "professional football."

Abby said...

*sigh* I knew it. Oh well, Sam Smith's being gay really doesn't alter the chances that he's really singing specifically to me with that voice. I'm consoled in knowing that I share tastes with your delightful daughter!

Abby said...

Ah, well I do know a bit about pro football, but other sports? forgeddaboudit!

My new awesome tights are Adidas - All Day I Dream About... Sam.

Larz said...

I like this. It's cool to learn things about people. I think I may steal it as inspiration for some writing of my own.

Abby said...

Yes, steal away!

Guano said...

If I ever start a blog, I'll add a coupla things "nobody knows about you". >>devious smile here<<

Abby said...

HaHaHa!
You're not gonna start a blog... right?

Anita said...

I watched the entire hanger making video and I noticed that there is a heart in your bike image. I coulda been a minority female engineer.

What I can't seem to do is to answer questions like these quick enough to complete before quitting. You do so well at it.

Abby said...

Ha! - you really watched the whole video? Mesmerizing, isn't it?

agg79 said...

Some really great, revealing answers. I was fascinated by the coat hanger video (that's the Engineer in me). WAY more entertaining than many of the reality TV shows on the air today. Love the happiness quotes. I am so stealing #2 (it reminds me of one of mine).

Abby said...

I remember when we were interns, we joked about "twinkie engineers" responsible for the cream filling being just right. But they must really exist!

Riot Kitty said...

Happy birthday! No traffic tickets??? I must have made up for both of us. I've never made a pie, either. I want people to come for holidays at my house more than once!

Abby said...

My thoughts exactly - I outsource all pies!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you know bushcraft. So that's new. And even though I knew some of the other stuff, it was still fun to read. I may steal the topic too.
And I watched the hanger video. My favorite part? When it punches the wire into a hook shape. :)

Abby said...

Years ago, Magnum introduced me to a series of books he'd read dealing with bushcraft and survival in general. They were so interesting! Then I found some more and read those too. That's why, when we camp, if the place has asphalt and showers, we don't go there!
I like the hooker part of the video too! Wait, that doesn't sound right...

Linda said...

That was an interesting video!