Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

threesome?

It's not like I was unhappy. Not necessarily. It's just.... after so many years of the same thing, same thing... I guess it was more that I was... curious. Yeah, I was curious.

But curiosity strikes occassionally and then passes, hardly even noticed. Then there are the instances where curiosity hangs around. And gets bigger, and there's this pink elephant in the room that just goes unmentioned.

It's not like I was unhappy, I was just curious.

It's not that I don't appreciate and find attraction to the rugged, the tough, the dirt-under-the-nails. There was something inside of me, though, that wanted to see how the other half lived. Wanted to experience something more sensitive, more graceful. I admit, I was greedy. I wanted the best of BOTH worlds.

It became almost all consuming, this curiosity. When no one was looking, I'd crawl around the internet, looking to satisfy it. I'd scan the want ads. Even made e-mail contact a couple of times, but none of that panned out. I'd talk myself out of it and not go through.

But then today, it happened. I don't know, I guess I'd been thinking about it too much. Maybe I had a little too much time on my hands. I found myself on that slippery slope, then over the edge.

Today, I hooked up with a road bike. A sleek, responsive, skinny-tired, speedy, graceful, sweet, loving, sensitive, road bike.


And it was GOOOOOOOOOOOD.






Don't tell Bella. Not yet.
.

5 comments:

terri said...

GASP! I hope you know what you're doing. How long do you think you can keep up the charade? Do you really think Bella's not going to find out? You're my friend, and I'm here for you, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Duble said...

Is that one suspensionless? Is that cause you want the rugged and fast feel at once?

Your bike buying has propted me to try to ride in tommorrow, it is supposed to be nice.

Anonymous said...

Coincidence? It's a dark & stormy night and son #2 bought a baaaarely used mountain bike off Craigslist only moments ago. The owner's father just passed away (she even burst into tears during the phone call inquiry); she claims to have ridden the bike only once to the mailbox and back. I believe her.
Anyway, we made the $100 transaction, loaded the bike up -- and down came a dark, torrential downpour. We agreed the bike's probably haunted.

But it's got disk brakes and snazzy shifter thingy.

Judy said...

Wow, this is a whole other side of you I never expected I'd see...

Goes by the name of Anna said...

Hee hee... What Bella doesn't know won't hurt her...