Pages

Monday, May 6, 2019

hair we go

Meego made an impromptu visit this last weekend.  There is a bus route that runs specifically from his school to here with a changeover in Denver.  We'd been meaning to check it out, and he texted that he'd give it a go.

While here, he asked for a haircut. He'd let his hair get quite long - I can't remember the last haircut he had.  It didn't look too bad, but I guess he decided he was done with that for now, and asked to "go back to the old ways".  Less maintenance.





That dark fur blob on the floor?  No, it's not a new pet.  It's the volume of hair I removed from his head.

I see that Prince Harry now has a baby son.  Well, we had a hairy son...









Students are in the final weeks of school/ fall semester, and I feel ready for a lull.  Right now, it's a rush of prepping for final exams, EOC assessments, and the June SAT.  I know my tutees are ready for a break too.  Hang in there!

The range of students' motivation and work ethics interests me.  Some are super motivated and want lots of practice. Others take more prodding and parental pushing.  Then there are those who, I think, just want me to do their homework for them.

Speaking of cheating... Anyone catch the Kentucky Derby on Saturday?  Honestly, I don't generally follow sports, but I enjoy horse racing - because it's over and done with in so little time, and I think horses are just beautiful to watch when they're running full out.

The original winner, Maximum Security, was DQ'd for straying from his lane and impeding some horses behind him.   His win was overturned and the second place horse, Country House, was declared the official winner.

Racehorses have such unique names.  Maybe in a timely fashion, Maximum Security should have a name more like "College Admission" or "Crew Team"?



7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I didn't know you could cut hair - he looks good and that was a lot of hair!!! Andy having one week of school left - has mentally checked out! lol

Abby said...

Chatty, it was a lot of hair. Quite the mow, he could probably make a sweater!
Andy is not alone on mentally checking out. Several others are on that bandwagon, including teachers and administrators!

LL Cool Joe said...

His hair must have been long. You did a great job, he's a handsome young man.

Please don't mention the baby, I'm already sick of hearing about it. :D

Abby said...

Joey, so... does the baby look more like Meghan or Harry? Red hair or dark? Is Meghan fat? How many more babies do they plan to have? What do Kate and William think?...

ShadowRun300 said...

Wow! His hair really had gotten long. Amp’s is long as well, but I think it’ll be a while before he lets anyone cut it. Meego looks great! Nice work! 😊

Abby said...

SR300, the long look seems in with a lot of young guys these days. I needed a 12oz. cuppa gas station coffee just before tackling Meego's :)

LL Cool Joe said...

Abby, and I'm sure you know the answer to all these questions. :D