Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

pigs and hazmat gnomes


3. Roasted

Happy day 3 of Inktober!  I'm managing to keep up... so far.  Three down, twenty-eight to go.
Today's prompt is "Roasted", so thought I'd draw some sunflowers... and an uneaten pig.

I used to be quite a carnivore, but more and more, I find myself eating meat less and less.  Especially mammal meat.  I've caught glimpses of slaughterhouse videos, and they make me think twice.  I know that my abstaining from meat eating isn't going to save many pigs or cows, but oh well.  And I'm considering the appeal of "Moo Shoo Tofu"?

So Inktober is a fun diversion.  I've fallen off the artplay wagon, and this is a good thing to get me back on it.  I even cleaned up Meego's old gaming area and took it over as my "drawing studio" a.k.a. "little desk in the corner with some pens and stuff".

Inktober is something Wolfgang got me into last year when he got into his Copic®️ marker hobby.  He likes to ink fun cartoony things as opposed to my purist black-and-white things.  He sent this image he did for Day 1:  Poisonous

1. Poisonous


Well, now, I do eat mushrooms.  But what would Inktober be without some Hazmat Gnomes?


9 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Love the pigs and the Hazmat Gnomes. Wish I could draw. sandie

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Wow you are a great artist too.
Damn Abby. I have no talent and you're making me look even worse. :-)

Annsterw said...

Wow! You are very talented!!! Have a great night!!!

Abby said...

Chatty, maybe Hazmat Gnomes should have their own book series ;)

Margaret, you are a woman of many talents!

Ann, thanks - takes one to know one!

ShadowRun300 said...

Aw! Love both of your pics! Did your other boys pick up your drawing talent as well?
I can’t say I’m a carnivore, but I do eat chicken quite often. I just try not to think about it too much. :/

Abby said...

SR300, I think all the kids had their artsy moments, as many kids do. Wolfgang has kept it up the longest, he had some good art teachers in the formative years. Now he's got more and better toys than I have :)
Chicken. I do still like me some chicken. We're going to burn in hell...

Ginny said...

So the talent runs in the family then. I love both of your drawings. Wolfgang's is very clever.

Morgan Cartwright said...

The pig and sunflower is seriously the best. The Hazmat Gnomes look fun. All science and danger. :)

Linda Hensley said...

I'd love to read the hazmat gnome book. Both are very cute drawings. I thought about doing Inktober. Does that count?