Pages

Friday, July 20, 2018

blogging for idiots

A friend of mine, who is a nurse, told me that she recently read about a study that concluded that heat makes us stupid.  The results were partially based on comparing test scores of students at colleges with air conditioning vs. test scores of students at colleges with no air conditioning.  Yup, air conditioned students score higher on tests.

And I'm thinking, that's a pretty big jump to conclusion. 

Maybe smarter kids get scholarships so they're able to afford air conditioned colleges?  Maybe low scoring students focus more on partying than studying, so the college says "screw 'em!".  There's gotta be more to it.

But then we thought, it's been so hot and yes, I feel more stupid.  It's too hot to think.

It's been hot here this week, and I feel I got behind on my blogging.  I was going to blog for Mama Kat's Thursday link  up, and *poof*, it's Friday. 



I'm going to catch up, though, by DOING ALL THE PROMPTS!






1. Book Review! Share your latest favorite reads!

I'm currently reading this one, as recommended to me.  It started out feeling quite YA, but it's just starting to get better!  OA?

Speaking of which, I got a friend request on goodreads from the daughter of a friend of mine who just graduated with Meego.  I've known her since they were in 2nd grade.  I thought, well, okay.  Maybe I'll check out what she's read.

"50 Shades of Grey" = 5 stars. This feels awkward.



2. Share some recipes you enjoy or would like to try that contain: Pineapple

I have to go with Wolfgang's award winning chili on this one.  I don't have the actual recipe, but I'm quite capable of eating it. 


3. What five images paint a perfect picture of summer to you? Put those five images together in a piece of writing.










Did I mention watermelon?


4. Write a blog post inspired by the word: drive

I went to get my hair cut today, and it was hot out (see prompt 1.).  I could have ridden my bike, it's not very far, but I decided to be nice to the stylist thinking, who wants to work on a sweaty head atop a sweaty person?  I was just getting a cut, no shampoo, so I dusted the cobwebs off the car and drove. 

I showed up all unsweated, and this guy pulls up on his bicycle and comes in for HIS appointment.  No, he did not get a shampoo.  I checked.

5. Write a blog post in exactly 11 lines.

Too late for that.
Already way over.
Why 11, anyway?
Maybe I should try.
I'm not even halfway with this.
Gosh it's hot.
It's making me stupid.
We don't have air conditioning.
Should I accept that friend request?
Today is Wolfgang's birthday.
Who wants watermelon?

6. List your top 7 favorite summer moments so far.

  • That time we went mountain biking and nobody crashed.
  • Getting rid of a bunch of clutter.
  • Visiting Meego's college, which I think has air conditioning.
  • When our scholarship recipient visited P.E.O. and gave us all roses.
  • Any moment involving air conditioning.
  • Going with Chaco to adopt a dog.
  • Watermelon 


Okay, enough.  Do high temperatures make you stupid?



7 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

We are having really hot weather here and no one has air con. We aren't used to good weather. This probably explains why I'm stupid. Now I want watermelon.

Chatty Crone said...

I love that watermelon - it is calling me.

I go to stores here and they keep it so hot - I hate shopping in the heat - the stores are so dumb because no one likes to buy things in the heat.

I can't think in the heat either.

ShadowRun300 said...

I just got back from spending a full week in Dallas, and it was HOT. 108 degrees HOT. Things were melting in my car HOT. Heck, my car was melting. HOT. I was regretting driving my black car with black leather seats. It. Was. Hot.
And yes, I felt quite dumb trying to figure out their highway system there. Actually, I think I would have felt dumb even if it was 32 degrees. But I’ll blame it on the heat.
(Happy Birthday to Wolfgang...)

RO said...

The heat here has me walking in circles of confusion, and I yearn for someone to mail me snow from Siberia or Switzerland in their spare time. I love these ideas that you've shared , and are great projects. I'm not headed out to the grocery store for pineapple and watermelon. Hugs and Happy Sunday! RO

Patty said...

Ummmm...you had me at Watermelon!

Everything else was wonderful as well...great post!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I am not certain, stupid, but lazy yes.

KatBouska said...

I almost tackled all of 5 prompts this week and then realized one included a list so I gave up.

I do like the idea of blaming my stupidity on heat. We'll run with that!

And the 50 Shades of Grey 5 Star review is killing me. I'm dying. So awkward and also so NOT a 5 star read.