Pages

Thursday, October 5, 2017

sale?

Couple of months ago, I bought some new shooz (yeah, I know, stop the presses).  They're running shoes, and I ordered them online.

So they arrived and felt a bit tight, but not too.  I hopped around inside the house and deemed them good.  Then I ran around outside, and that changed my mind.  I really should go up a half size.

I got a second larger pair and we've been enjoying a  happy existence ever since.  But... what about that first pair?  I couldn't return them because I'd stupidly hastily run around outside in them.  Other than being too small for ME, they were perfectly fine shoes, only worn that one time.

I could donate them, but I was thinking (1) they're practically brand new, (2) they're not a common brand for people who don't run, and (3) I just doled out some good cash for these things.  Maybe I could sell 'em?  Maybe some other runner lady, with feet slightly smaller than mine, would recognize the brand and realize the bargain!

I jumped into action.

Guess the shooz!
(photo not my feet/shooz/legs)

Off to craigslist I went, with a few pretty pictures and a bit of the story - only worn once, wonderful, just too small for me, blah, blah, blah...  I posted my ad under both "clothing" and "sporting goods", and figured I'd just let it run for a couple weeks.

Not surprisingly, nothing happened.  Weeks went by, and I actually forgot about the ad... until I got a recent email in my covert only-for-things-like-craigslist email account.  The subject read, "Running Shoes".

That jogged (see what I did there?) my memory that I'd put those shoes on craigslist.  At that point, I figured any response wasn't even legit, and was reminded I should probably just bite the bullet and put the shoes in the donation bin.  Chalk the expense up to lessons learned.  I opened the email anyway.  It was from a dude.

      "Any chance you could sell these to me fresh off your feet? Thanks"

Ew.

Okay, there are stranger things than smelly shoe/feet fetishes.  But no.  There's no chance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up this week with Mama Kat for the prompt:

3. Write a blog post inspired by the word: change.



11 comments:

Jerralea said...

Oh. Wow. Weird!

Nowadays, you never know ...

Madamdreamweaver said...

ROFL! I'm not sure I would have realized as quickly as you it was a fetish thing. I would've just been perplexed.

Unknown said...

I'd totally have sold them to the guy! Unless someone wants my freshly worn panties it's all fine with me. In fact, I'd probably have asked if he wanted my old socks, too! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - LOL!

Morgan Cartwright said...

Weird! He was trolling old craigslist postings to satisfy his foot fetish.

Ginny said...

Ugh. I had someone email me through my blog asking me for the tights I wore in a picture on a blogpost and if I could send a picture in the tights without the shoes on. Ewwwwwwwwwww!

ShadowRun300 said...

Up until the very end, I was thinking, "I could use a new pair of running shooz. Wonder what size she wears." Now, I'm a little weirded out.
But sheesh, if he's willing to pay for them... nah, that would mean you have to meet him in person. Never mind. :/

Anita said...

Hello Abby Abby Doo! Oh, how I've missed you! And that's the end of my unintended poem. :)

Another, uh, funny story of the happenings in your life.

I see Shadow's comment above. Off to visit her!

Linda Hensley said...

I'm left shaking my head, torn between laughing and seriously disturbed -- though clearly not as disturbed as the fetish guy.

Larz said...

Altras!

Abby said...

BINGO!
(want 'em?)

Larz said...

1: likely not my size (but who knows?) 2: I actually prefer more minimal shoes that that.