Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2017

final march and a dead thing

I'm behind by two inktober drawings, but we're in the homestretch! 

This week turned busy with P.E.O. stuff including getting a scholarship recommendation in before the deadline.  I figured that was more important than inktober scratchings.  BUT, recommendation is in, and now we wait.  My part is mostly done.

Meego had state champ marching band competition yesterday.  They looked really good, possibly their best show all year, but they didn't get a trophy.  ALL the bands brought their A-games and the bar seemed really high this year.



However, as another mom put it, "No ramp tumblings!", since amazingly, no one fell off those blasted prop ramps.

Magnum and I got out today for a bit of hiking.  Geocaching too, but we came up empty.  As I was stupidly and ineffectively hunting around, I came upon this grisly scene:




See the skull?  I'm thinking it's a large mouse or chipmunk?  Clearly, there was pagan sacraficial activity going on!  Now, we're probably cursed.



4 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

Sorry to hear they didn’t win, but sounds like they should be proud of their last performance. I’m drawing a blank, would that be Meego’s last competition, like, ever?
First ghost stories, now dead things, and curses. What are you doing to me? ;)

Abby said...

Yup, Meego's last marching band gig. But winter percussion's right around the corner.
There was actually all kinda weird stuff in a heap with that skull, which is why I was snooping around there in the first place - didn't look natural, so it must be a chache! No cache, most likely curse 8\

Jimmy said...

I was thinking Meego and the band would bring a trophy home, I am sure their performance was trophy worthy anyways...good thing there were no more ramp mishaps.

As for being cursed by the pagan sacrificial scene I am hoping that you will be OK, as long as you place it back into the original position in which you found it, I'm telling you this because from my experience as a...wait a minute I don't know anything about pagan sacrifices.

Abby said...

Admittedly, I agree with the judges' picks at the band competition. Every band was really sharp this year. Plus, no one biting it on the ramps counts as "win", you ask me!

I totally mussed up the sacrificial pile. Then I spotted the skull, took a pic and ran away. I'm doomed.