Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

gettin' formal

We had a crappy, wet, blustery, spring storm roll in Friday night and all day yesterday.  A real cabin fever kinda day.

Luckily, I had an errand to force me out into the weather.  I had to go pick up Meego's corsage for prom.  Yes, Mother Nature didn't want to make prom a nice sunny spring event.

The kids took it in stride though.  Meego and his girl, (let's call her) Lyla, stuck with their plans to get in some photos at the lovely duck pond made famous by this blog.  Great choice of setting I must say.  Or maybe it was Lyla's parents' plan, but whatever, I had another reason to get outta the house.





It was about 30 degrees, so not bad, but the wind was a-whipping making it feel more like 10 degrees.  However, it's prom.  The show must go on.  Hypothermia be damned!


The kids were smiling and giggling the whole time, probably a natural response to keep the body alive.  Lyla's mom kept commenting on how nice Meego looked, seemingly not so much in a "nice catch, Lyla" kind of way, but more of an "are we sure this is the same guy you've been hanging out with?" kind of way.






After gutting it out for a while with core body temperatures dropping, Lyla was debating whether or not to remove her coat.

As I stood there in my ski jacket, leggings under my jeans, and snowboots, I thought, "better make the decision quickly!".  And she went for it.

C'mon girls, we've all been there. Taking photos for prom, and you CANNOT be wearing a coat.  When else you gonna wear that dress?

Frankly, I don't know if I was more concerned that she would succumb to the elements or that she would bite it while trying to navigate the slick cement in her 3-inch heels.

But they survived and had a good time.




After sending them on their way, Magnum and I were not looking forward to going back to the house we'd been shut up in all day.  So we decided to head to a hopping little Mexican place.



The beer was cold, but the salsa was hot.

8 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

What a beautiful couple they make, but boy I think this is the first time I've ever seen prom photos in the snow! Here in the UK proms are at the end of the summer term, and although you can't guarantee it won't rain, it's pretty certain there weren't be any snow!

Cold beer and hot salsa. Perfect!

Abby said...

Prom is always in springtime here. In Colorado, that's when the weather's the most unpredictable. Just have to roll with it!

Ginny said...

Great prom pics. They look great and super happy. I love it.

"The beer was cold but the salsa was hot" ha ha as it should be

Abby said...

I was just glad the roads weren't too bad so prom didn't have to be cancelled. I paid for that tux, he's gonna wear it!

ShadowRun300 said...

First of all, way to get outa sittin' on the bleachers for 4 hours! I wonder if I can get out of Mario's graduation ceremony by working at the concession stand. I know that sounds terrible, but you should hear the bishop drone on and on about depressing subjects. Isn't it a time for an uplifting and motivational send off? Seriously, I gotta convince somebody that we need concessions that weekend.

Anyway, Meego is rockin' that tux. And they don't seem bothered at all by the cold. Mario had her prom this weekend too, in between downpours. Not a good weekend for high heels and fancied up hair.
Love that pic of Magnum. And the cold beer and hot salsa. Looks like a fun way to cure cabin fever.

Abby said...

One of my gripes about the spring concert is that it's longer than freaking graduation! And graduation is in a much more comfortable venue. Yes, I think you need graduation concessions. Or Spirit Wear.

It was really blustery out on prom night, but they had a really good time. I hope the same for Mario! Good thing prom is indoors... except for picture taking.

Linda Hensley said...

To think I've been complaining about a week of torrential downpours. At least it wasn't snow. Good looking kids and husband. I'm glad everyone had a great time.

Abby said...

It was really quite miserable out, but Prom must go on!