Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Silver Liningness Sunday

For starters, I managed to make it to the 50-year mark this week.  I can say that 50 doesn't seem a whole lot different from 49.  I'm still the same inside.. A pleasant book, comfy clothes, and a good hair day are enough to make me happy.

Me at 49

My PEO sisters sang and celebrated again this week, after the earlier typo.  They assured me that it wouldn't advance me two years instead of one.

And it was nice to see the sun and feel the warmth again this week.  I feel for those people in upstate NY, though.  We used to live in those parts, and that lake effect snow can really pile up, but we never experienced that level of dumpage!

As for me, it was great to be back riding with Bella.  It was too muddy for Alice, and in fact, Bella needed extra bath times, but the both of us were too giddy to care.


Here's Bella looking sexy and fresh from one of her many showers this week.  As can be seen in the background, most of our wall stones are still atop their pallets.  The ground was too frozen to do much last week, but Magnum managed to get a few more in yesterday.  We'll see what this week brings.



In movie news, we watched The Debt, which I liked for the most part.  Kept me absorbed the whole way through.  I didn't much like the ending, but all in all, I give a thumbs up.

And now we're into the final week of November and Thanksgiving in this week ahead. I've got my turkey thawing away for a plump, juicy presentation on Thursday.

Not making any pies though, I'll leave that to people who  know what they're doing.


20 comments:

Marcy said...

Happy birthday! 50 is coming for me, too, soon enough.

agg79 said...

Happy Birthday! 50 already? As one who is a few laps ahead of you, trust me, at this point it's just another notch in your belt. You are only as old as you feel, or perhaps, as old you think you are. For someone who bikes, runs and lives as much as you do, you are note all that old. Bella looks pretty good (for an old lady's bike). Hope the weather cooperates and lets you and Bella enjoy the week.

And a good movie. Different plot/story that kept you engaged.

terri said...

Don't you just extra-appreciate the warm-up after an early cold like that? We got warmth the past few days and it feels wonderful. It won't last long though. Nice to hear that you got out with Bella again. I'm sure you were both very happy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Nothing better than comfy clothes and a good book to celebrate! (I usually wear a cap, so no need to worry about good hair.)
I try not to think about turning 50. But you make it look good! Now I can't wait. ;)
We've had a great break from the freezing temps as well. Makes you appreciate those runs and rides outside! I'm hoping the rains stay away and allow me one more day of outdoor running before the frigid temps return.

Abby said...

Well, come on in and join the party!

Abby said...

To be honest, I stopped keeping track of my age somewhere in the 3rd or 4th decade. And Bella's no spring chicken, but I'll keep her as long as she'll have me!

Abby said...

It's so true - without the nasty cold, we wouldn't appreciate the warmth!

Abby said...

Pretty soon, snow and ice will be the norm, so better live it up now! It's hard to know what to put on before heading outside this time of year.

Jimmy said...

Happy Birthday Abby, 50 doesn't look near as old as it once did to us, I remember turning 50 a few years back and I have to say that you look much better at 49 than I did :)

Riot Kitty said...

Happy birthday once again! Someone should make you the pie. It's your birthday, after all.

LL Cool Joe said...

Hey happy birthday to you, you old fart! Sorry, joking, you look a very fit 50. I should get a bike.

Linda Hensley said...

Happy birthday!! Interestingly, you were born same time as a number of my other friends. I knew I liked you :) Here's to wishing you another 50!

Abby said...

Yes, 50's not nearly as old as it used to be.

Abby said...

Your'e right!

Abby said...

I could totally see you on a sweet little hip hop bike. Ebay, Joey!

Abby said...

Thanks! Nice to know I'm in such good company :D

Anita said...

You can be the biking/running version of the 70 year old fitness instructor that I just happened to see on Dr. Oz today while pigging out on praline pecans. She's also a Guinness Book record holder for oldest bodybuilder. Hey! ...that's an idea/goal for you - to make it into the book during this next half. Happy Belated Birthday!

Abby said...

Hmmm... 70 year old fitness instructor/oldest bodybuilder. You got me to google her - Ernestine Shepherd? Very inspiring. She started working out when she was 56!

Rock Chef said...

Thought I had already commented here! Hey!

Happy Birthday - 50 was very good to me, hope it is as good to you!

My bike gets washed far too rarely, you put me to shame...

Abby said...

Yes, I recall 50 being good to you. I'm following your lead!

Honestly, I learned that riding a muddy bike is much more work than riding a clean one. So strangely, my dedicated washings are fully motivated by sloth.