Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

dude, we're so stoned right now?

So we had a bit of a ditzy delay, but the wall stones have arrived.  Thankfully, the driver's forklift fit through our back gate, so he could place all thirteen pallets in a nice row at the base of the hill of pain.


As you can see, he totally trashed the lawn, though...

Okay, that's actually what it looked like already.  See why we need landscaping projects?  This is just the kick-off.  

Anway, it was quite exciting when he showed up on our quiet cul de sac with a flatbed full of wrapped heavy things and began carting them to our backyard.  I'm sure my nosy neighbor was mushed up against her window, wondering what's going on.  

So now the easy part begins.  This is the easy part, right?  That's what I'm thinking.  The critical piece was getting all these stones to the project site.  Done!

The common laborers will consist mainly of Magnum, Meego, and myself. along with hopeful visits from Chaco and Wolfgang.

In fact, Chaco and Wolfgang were home for a while last weekend.  I found Wolfgang intently examining Meego's school pic from earlier this year.  Remember the ill fated too-late-with-the-haircut picture day?

Wolfgang says, "He looks like Rambo", and not  in a good way.   He's got a point.










Betcha Rambo can build a pretty good wall, though eh?

.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. You ARE stoned! Looks like it's gonna be a lot of work, but I'm quite certain Rambo and clan are up for it. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

terri said...

You haven't mentioned your nosy neighbor in a while. I almost forgot about her! Maybe you should haul in a gigantic statue of David and face it towards her house. Just to see her reaction, ya know?

It looks like you've got an intense project ahead, but I'm sure the end result will be fabulous. And I'm sure Rambo and his siblings are SO excited to help out! ;-)

Abby said...

I think it'll be fun. It'll be fun.... right?

Abby said...

I should blog about one of our camping trips over the summer when these neighbors were camping with their church just up the path. Getaway?
I'm depending on Rambo to rally his troops!

Rock Chef said...

I don't see anything wrong with that look! In fact there is a touch of the young Eddie Van Halen in there:

http://www.guitarontheedge.co.uk/images/american_guitarists/eddie_van_halen_6.jpg

Abby said...

I am not at all surprised at your approval :)
And EVH is certainly a good role model, on the musical side of things!

Guano said...

Looks like Rambo, eh? Compare & contrast a coupla shirtless beefcake shots. Photoshop to the rescue!

Abby said...

That could be a fun photoshop project... but I think we'll keep it with the hair!

Ginny said...

Ha ha he does have the Rambo hair down.

LL Cool Joe said...

Maybe the hair. You cracked me up when you admitted your lawn looked crap before the guy arrived with the forklift truck. So, you are building a wall?

Riot Kitty said...

Haha! Put him to work!