Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Silver Liningness Sunday

First of all...

Happy Mother's Day to all my Mom Friends!

Honestly, I'm not really a Hallmark holiday kinda girl, but it's nice to recognize the Moms.  I both talked to my kids, and talked to my mom, so got the best of both worlds.  It's like a Motherhood sammich!

In other related silver liningness, our next door neighbors welcomed a new baby early this morning - a Mother's Day baby!  They have four girls, and this one... it's a boy!  Can't wait to meet him.  I will mention that these are the neighbors of the poultry murders, so it's nice that they're enjoying happier times.

Back in the fall?  When the university did that Bike Jam thing?  I won a backpack?  Anyway, the bike jam connected us with a site for tracking our cycling mileage, and I've continued to use it.  It's handy for knowing when my tires are about to blow out.

Anyway, there are bunches of people on there, and several groups members can join, so I joined a commuter group.  It's kind of fun for motivating each other, and over the past several weeks, I noticed I was moving up on the number one slot.  This week...





the "girls" and I made it to the top of the heap.  See them at top billing?  It's not likely to last, so I took a snapshot.

And I'll end this silver liningness post with some clouds... SNOW clouds!














I needed a snowy day prop, and Napolion was all too happy to volunteer.  Doesn't he look happy??


.

16 comments:

terri said...

Happy Mothers Day, Abby! Glad to hear you got some quality phone time with your kids and mom.

Congrats on your rise to fame among the commuter group! I love some of the rider names! Idaho_udaho is my favorite!

You got more snow? Eew. Napolion does NOT look happy to be out there! I think he wants to go back inside where it's warm! :-)

Rock Chef said...

Cruelty to cats, that is what I call it! :-)

Congrats on being the leader - shows you are a true trooper and not one of those fair weather cyclists!

Judy said...

Keep that snow over there! Eeks! This Texas girl is NOT jealous! HAHAHA!

Abby said...

Happy Mother's Day! I wonder if Idaho_Udaho lives in Idaho just to have the screen name Idaho_Udaho?

Abby said...

It's just payback for the cat walking on my face at 3 a.m.
Fair weather cyclists is right - once winter hit, several got very quiet!

Abby said...

Although I'm thinking you might be glad for a snowday about now?

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! I was a motherhood sammich as well. With a little work thrown in for good measure.
I'm so sorry it snowed again. WTH? But congrats on being the top commuter! Keep fightin the good fight!
(You're cat walks on your face at night too? Tiger would sleep on my head if I'd let him.)

Riot Kitty said...

Woot! Congrats on coming in first!

Abby said...

Some schools were actually closed yesterday. Meego got a 2-hour delay. WTH? is right!
I've figured out that the late-night face trample means anything from "rub me now" to "I gotta pee!!"

Abby said...

We'll see how long it lasts now that spring has kicked in... for other people.

LL Cool Joe said...

Only you would be outside in the snow in just a hoodie, well not just a hoodie but without a jacket.

I was thinking of you when I was in the States and went for a family bike ride, the first in about a year, and ended up on my arse in front of a load of people. You'll be pleased to know I cycled complete with bling chain. Which of course made my falling over even more ridiculous, but still.

agg79 said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! Sorry I am late, mom. Been busy down here putting out fires (literally). Kudos for you and the girls for making the top of the heap. Love how you are smoking the competition. And snow and only 29 degrees? Pfft. That's shorts weather for you guys, right?

Anita said...

Thanks for the shout out to Moms! Maybe you'll go next door and get a baby fix. I haven't held one of those floppy infants in a long time, but I know I'd love it.

You and Alice are quite a team. If you lose your position, you'll probably get it back soon; especially if it can stop snowing in Colorado.

Abby said...

I would love to see that! Uhm... your bling chain, of course...

Abby said...

Not surprisingly, there were people out in shorts. And flip flops.

Abby said...

I totally went next door and got a baby fix. So precious!! Then I went home and got a full night's sleep.