Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

busted!


A friend of mine shared this photo she took today.  These mountains have some relevance to my blog post, so I include the cultural piece.

           The Spanish Peaks are a pair of prominent mountains located in southwestern 
           Huerfano CountyColorado. The Ute Indians named them Huajatolla 
              (pronounced Wa-ha-toy-a), meaning "two breasts". The Ute name translates as 
              "Breasts of the Earth"

Anyway, these beloved boob mountains are near my hometown and are a familiar landmark.  I visited my facebook feed, and there they were.  I'll take it as a sign.  A summons.

Yesterday, I came home and grabbed the mail.  Included was an envelope from my doctor's office.  Recall that I met my new(ish) doctor a few months ago.  I'm not a regular enough patient to know why my previous doctor left, and while I am a bit curious, I'm okay with not being a familiar enough patient to know.  

Anyway, so I finally got around to meeting her when I went for my checkup.  I like her, she's friendly and thorough and accessible.   But I couldn't figure out why I'd be getting mail from the office.  So I opened it to find that I've been busted.  Pun intended?

Dear Abby (got a ring to it, no?),

It has come to our attention that Dr. Hooburtz (not her real name) previously ordered the following procedure for you and it has not been completed.  Please call the phone nmber provided to have it scheduled...


Yikes, really?!?  Busted by the mammogram NSA!

They're watching?  My other doctor didn't watch, because I totally slacked the mammogram when she ordered it too, so I know!  But I got to it.  EVENTUALLY! 

Okay, I guess I'd better call.  I mean, if she can know these things and even invoke the spirit of the Huajatollas, that's pretty powerful.  

*gasp* I feel so exposed!  

.

15 comments:

agg79 said...

Busted! What a hoot(er). Sorry, the guy in me just couldn't help it. I guess it is time to face the music. My wife just did her trip to her to get mashed (a few years behind) and her one comment was that they were playing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" in the background music. I hear ya on the avoidance thing. My doc kinda chided me about doing another one of those "stick a scope up something" exams that I've been avoiding for a while. I guess that we should not fight the great spirits of Huajatollas in these matters.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting til I get busted too. I've had two so far. Isn't that enough? I skipped last year, so she ordered me another one... and I'm on my way to missing that one too. I don't mind 'em, but to me, a yearly mamm with no history of cancer and clear prior tests is a bit much. Early detection IS key, though, so I guess I shouldn't put it off too much longer.
Your hometown cracks me up. Sex change capital with boob mountains. Why ever did you leave?

Rock Chef said...

Good for your doctor! Some people need to be chased...

Abby said...

It's one thing to rebel against the medical community, but I don't want any ancient Utes coming after me. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" - HA!

Abby said...

I kinda feel the same way about the whole thing. Didn't I just go in for the squish? No history, not high risk, and didn't I just read something about how mammo's aren't all that great at detecting? And yet, I don't want another mammogramgram!
Yeah, my hometown is bunches o' fun. Not too late to change your mind about Florida!

Abby said...

It's funny. I felt bad, like I'd been sent to the principal's office!

Ms. CrankyPants said...

"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" my ass! I skipped a year and think the technician squeezed extra hard to punish me. She was totally humorless too. I made some silly boob joke and got a baleful stare in return. Maybe it was my crappy joke that got me the extra squish.

Abby said...

I'm thinking you don't want to catch those boob handlers on a bad day! The last one I had was actually quite the comedienne. The problem was, I'd start laughing mid-squish. Not comfy! Purposely??

meleah rebeccah said...

Busted, indeed! And I am dying laughing at how PUNNY this post is!! HA!

Anita said...

Ditto to meleah rebeccah.Too funny!
And yeah, I was clicking on the links, getting a little history lesson, all serious... and then... LOL

Guano said...

Oh man. I thought you were gonna take the Waha-Toya's as a sign for implants.

Riot Kitty said...

Whoever saw boobs in that landscape was rather forgiving, or having a very long dry spell.

Abby said...

IMplants?? Me?! What are you tryna say, relentless teaser of the "little" sis??

Abby said...

Various mountain names reference boobs, islands - women lying down,etc. I'm thinking dry spells mostly. Although in their defense, the angle of this photo isn't the best for the WaHooters.

terri said...

I'm always chronically late for those appointments too. I'm about 2 years behind now. I don't know why it's so hard to schedule one little appointment for about one little hour just one time a year.

But it just is.

Go get your boobies smashed. If nothing else, you'll fell a sense of relief for another year.