Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

I've no future

This week's Illustration Friday prompt is "future", and I've presently got nothing.  Maybe I'll eventually have something to show before "future" is past.

I've been hanging out with BF Prince Harry all day... Okay, actually no.  We were at Metro track meet, the sequel, for most of the day.  All this track meet business is eating into my play time.

But I have been thinking of what I  WOULD  Illustrate about the future.  Do you have a vision of the future?  Flying cars?  No pollution?  Enlightenment?

Or is it the other way around?  Desolation?  Breakdown of society?  Anarchy?

I was out running this morning and I think the Zombie Apocalypse is already starting.  There was a man up ahead of me on the sidewalk. He was walking towards me, rather slowly, weaving from one side of the sidewalk to the other.

He was facing me, I figured he would pick a side sooner or later and we would pass cordially.  But he kept weaving and walking rather uncoordinatedly.  As I got closer, I saw it and realized.  He was looking at his phone.  It wasn't until I was nearly in his face that he was aware of me.

The future?





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha!! So true!! So many of us are drones to our cell phones!! Love the photo!!

But seriously, I would like to point out that there was another way to interpret "future" that maybe you missed or perhaps subconsciously avoided. It made me curious. What do you see in YOUR future? A new house? A new job??

lotta joy said...

WHEN I HAD A FUTURE, (younger, but with a cruel husband) I envisioned many years of sadness. Now that my future can be counted in months, instead of 20, 30, 40 years, I wish I had that time back. I would love to see the advances in medical miracles, and knowing I have many years left with the wonderful man who would make it all enjoyable.

terri said...

You're right. The Zombie Apocalypse is already here. I see it wherever I go, or when my daughter's friends gather at our house. I see it at family gatherings. Life has surely changed!

CiCi said...

Probably in the future people will have chips in their ears instead of Blue Tooth so they can talk all the time and not have to use their hands to text.

Unfortunately, any vision of the future I have for the earth is gloomy. For me personally, I can only hope that my life will be as good as it is now for the rest of my life. I like that you draw something if and when you have a feel for the subject and don't just draw anything.

LL Cool Joe said...

I don't have a mobile phone. How sad is that, but yep that photo pretty much sums up now, as for the future, I agree with CiCi, everyone will have chips in their ears.

agg79 said...

So true, so true. The ones that really scare me are those who are behind the wheel reading their smart phones...

meleah rebeccah said...

OMG! The Zombie photo is SOOOOOO funny - because it's true!