Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

outside rocks!

Last week came in like a lion, but went out like a sweet little lambkin.  So we took advantage and headed for the hills.

We went to Ute Valley Park, one of my favorites.  For one, it's the home of Bulldog Arch.






See it?  See the bulldog??  (Not the figure in the lower left, that's Magnum)










This park is near the site of last summer's Waldo Canyon fire.  It's the first time we've gone hiking there since.  The burn scar reminds me of the surface of an elephant.  Gladly, the park was spared.

tenmiletravelers.blogspot.com


















Many others had the same idea to spend their Easter afternoon in the great outdoors.  We crossed paths with several hikers/mountain bikers/joggers.  A couple of college-aged guys went by on mountain bikes - no helmets or pads - raising my mom senses.  But there were several other sensible ones, fully decked out (if only they'd slow down!).





And everyone seemed in happy spirits.  Nothing like some spring sun and dirt to bring out the friendliness.
















We even came upon a group of younglings having an egg hunt.  Another young guy introduced us to his shy adolescent weimaraner, commented on the beautiful day, and wished us a heartfelt Happy Easter.

He was so friendly, it made me wonder if he was always so sunshiny.





So a nice way to close out the week.  I sure appreciated it after my whinefest dissatisfaction with the weather a few days prior.  Now if I could figure out how to put days like that in a bottle.
.

8 comments:

lotta joy said...

YOU*CLIMB*ROCKS. You're a rock star in my mind.

Abby said...

Oh yeah. The higher the better. APRIL FOOLS!!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I miss Colorado.
I would have loved to do that over Easter. Especially the egg hunt. What a cool idea!
I have to say, though, that I can't see the bulldog. I mean Magnum I can see, but that other bulldog isn't comin' clear. And I looked a long time. :/

agg79 said...

Nice way to rock Easter. The kid in me has always had a thing for rock climbing. Hard not be be sunshiny with that kind of day.

Abby said...

The egg hunt was so cute! The bulldog? Stay tuned...

Abby said...

Yep, rocks and sun. We go all out!

Junky's Running Dry said...

Beautiful out there!

terri said...

It was a shorts and t-shirt kind of day! How nice! It sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.