Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Dumb Day!

I made a wonderful decision a while back.  I decided that I would not schedule any students on Fridays, so I could just have a day to be dumb.  Smart move!

I felt I was burning out, and that's when the idea hit me.  Friday.  Block it.  Kids still go to school, Magnum still goes to work.  I have a day of dumbness all to myself.

The private teaching company I used to work for never scheduled classes on Fridays.  Now I know why.  That plus my formative years in Monday-thru-Friday public school has programmed me to slack on Fridays. If it's a psychological quirk, so be it.  I give in.



It's not to say I don't do anything teacher related, but I don't have to actually face anyone while I do it, so I can do it with a dumb face and in comfy dumb clothing.

Dumb Fridays, as I affectionately know them, are not necessarily epic.  I get caught up on the housewifery, paperwork, maybe go coffeeing with a friend.  Sounds a bit boring maybe,  but they're lovely, really.



It's cold today.  Snow nearby.  Froze at the crosswalk this morning, but it was good mindless freezing.  Have you done anything stupid today?  I highly recommend it.
.

12 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

I crave dumb days. I rarely get them as there is ALWAYS somebody at home now. I miss having the house to myself on a regular basis. Good for you for scheduling a dumb day for yourself! It's very healthy!
Ummm.. let's see... did I have any dumb time today? Well, after working the early shift, I fell asleep on the counter while trying to revise Link's resume...and everybody left me alone! :)

Rebecca S. said...

I try to have dumb Fridays too. Today was so dumb that I had a nap after lunch.

agg79 said...

Does having a dumb week count? I relish those days where you really don't get much done, but you get to relax, unwind, decompress. I sometimes feel guilty about them but enjoy them when they happen.

Abby said...

Falling asleep on the counter is a good start. I give it 3 dumb stars out of 5.

Abby said...

All RIGHT, Rebecca! Way to represent!

Abby said...

Nicely done, except for the guilt part. Do you need an intervention?

Jimmy said...

Dumb Fridays sounds like an excellent idea, at least on Friday I'd have an excuse Ha Ha

Guano said...

12hr day today, counting the "highly-encouraged" social event after the 10hr workday. Full-court press Mon/Tues/Weds next week requires lots of weekend prep, too.
So come Thursday & Friday, watch out -- and get ready for "Dumb & Dumber"!

ShadowRun300 said...

Well, with you as my dumb role model, I plan to be a 5 star dummy very soon!

Abby said...

That's the spirit!

Duble said...

I decided i was going to dumb down the entire teen decade. From 2010 to 2019, I am officially a slacker. I am open to extending this trial period.

terri said...

Dumb Fridays don't sound boring at all. In fact, they sound rather lovely to me. I guess today was kind of a dumb day for me. I set aside all things that felt obligatory and just did calm and relaxing things.