Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Book



Just after I blogged about getting that naughty book from the library, the Illustration Friday prompt for this week is "book".   Hmmm, coincidence?

I thought about just doing a still life of a book and some prop - like a candle or a glass o' wine or the cliche' book with roses...  Then I considered the cop out of just opening up a couple of sketchbooks and snapping a pic of them.  Nah.

In the end I went with this girl reading some chick lit.

The lace leggings were a challenge.  To me, she looks kind of naked with some strange rash on her legs, but oh well.  They're supposed to be lace leggings.

I wonder what she's reading.
.

10 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I think they look like lace leggings, but what do I know?

Guano said...

I was thinking lycra, but now that you mention a rash.....
But I like her hand and the color of her hair against the colors of the wall. And whatever she's reading, she's at a good part!

Abby said...

For one, you're an authority on style, so I'm glad they look like lace leggings to you!

Abby said...

Maybe she wore lycra but is allergic?
And thanks for including the "likes". I like the sunlight on her shoulder and upper arm... since you asked :)

ShadowRun300 said...

Of course those are lace leggings!
So glad you didn't go with the cop out, because the painting is awesome! I love how she's really into the book - makes me want to read what she's reading...

Tony LaRocca said...

Wow, you did a beautiful job here!

Jimmy said...

Whatever she is reading it is something that has her full attention, don't know much about lace but it looks like lace to me :)

agg79 said...

Great job. The lace leggings are a nice touch but the intensity of her read is what captures the eye.

terri said...

I recognized the leggings as leggings immediately! You've really captured a person fully absorbed in the story. I think she's reading Jane Eyre.

Cindy D. said...

Definitely leggings, but sparkly ones! It's a lovely and peaceful little scene. I like where you've cropped it.