Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

hidden

I was tutoring earlier today.   It was a good session.  Win-win all around I think.  I don't want to go into details, but you can probably read between the lines...

Sometimes, parents who homeschool hire tutors for some supplementary help.  I THINK  that's often a good thing (1) because it adds to the client base, and (2) it gives the kids exposure to a teaching style other than their parents'.  

It also gives THE PARENTS a bit of a break and/or helps in subject areas that they aren't comfortable teaching. 

I was at the home of such a family today.  My student and I WERE at the kitchen table, HAVING  a grand old time with fractions.  Theirs is a nice family.  The MARITAL bond seems strong between the mom and dad, and the kids are well-behaved and easy going. 

It gave me a sense of purpose to help my student understand the RELATIONS between equivalent fractions WHILE knowing that our session also provided a little breather for Mom and Dad.  I don't mind going to students' homes, and by now, we've got a nice routine going.  Today WAS much like any other Thursday AT THEIR HOUSE

I usually chat a bit with one or both of the parents, but I didn't see them much TODAY.

AND I'M TOTALLY FINE WITH THAT.  ALWAYS HAPPY TO HELP.
 .

8 comments:

Judy said...

Um, ew? LOL Isn't that a lot like imagining your parents doing that???

I am totally giggling though. HAHAHAHAHA

Abby said...

Oh, thanks a lot for THAT image!

terri said...

Cracking up! Personally, I think that's awesome! It's good to know that there are married couples who find ways to keep the romance alive.

That was pretty bold, though. But hey. When you're with your kids almost 24/7, I suppose you have to get creative.

Shawnte said...

Hahahah! It took me a little while to get this but I reread the message and oh my goodness! I'm sorry you had to go through that today xD. I can't believe they did that while you were there :s.

Now if you would excuse me, I think I'm gonna go grab a coffee now...Heheheheh!

Abby said...

Yeah, I can't say that I blame them. At first I was a bit, "really?" which turned to "hey, go for it, I'm here 'til noon"

Abby said...

Thanks, it really didn't bother me, although I'm not really a fan of country music...

ShadowRun300 said...

I am still laughing out loud! I even shared it with my hubby! (I think he's jealous.) Will you be able to go back the next time and look them in the eye?

Abby said...

The question is... will they be able to look ME in the eye?