Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Silver Liningness

Ah, Christmas has happened and it was good.

Yes, we had the decorations.  Yes, we had lights.  And YES, we had the tree - just in the St. Nick of time.  But what I'm grateful for is that, even if we didn't have those things, it would have all been good.

Our tree-gettin' did come down to the wire, but I really wasn't too stressed about it.  I wasn't stressed because I know these guys.  If something would have happened to keep us from getting that tree, we would have been able to laugh at ourselves. 

We would have come up with some stupid substitute - a cardboard tree cut out of stuff from the recycle pile, some twigs in a cup, I don't know.  But trust me, there would have been something and it would have been less than a Charlie Brown tree and cheesy and funny and special, and we would have christened it "Christmas 2011", and made it memorable.

And that's what I'm thankful for on this Christmas silver lining Sunday:  my wonderfully weird family.  We get each other.

That and my awesome blog friends.


“It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.”
Dale Carnegie

.

4 comments:

terri said...

Merry Christmas! I'm so glad you were able to make it special in your own way. I love the quote! So very true!

agg79 said...

Merry Christmas! I like your alternative proposals, but glad you were able to resolve the greenery crisis.

And the quote is so apropos.

Now you can bask in your accomplishments and enjoy post Christmas quiet.

CiCi said...

We had a large leaf artificial plant in a big pot that we used a few times for the Christmas tree when my kids were young. It worked! Glad you enjoyed your Christmas and that you appreciate your family.

Jenn and Casey said...

Merry Christmas to YOU!!!! :) Glad you got your tree ;)