Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

dog days

Okay, I know you've all been fretting, now that summer is nearly over.  "Has Abby been camping yet?",  you worry, "Why no blog posts about camping?!"

Truth is, NO, we haven't been camping!  My gosh, what's wrong?  Well, remember when Arizona was burning back in late May/early June.  We in Colorado had a few of our own fires burning, but it was small potato news next to Arizona.  Anyway, we've been under fire restrictions all summer.  No campfires.


What?  No campfires?? We're not camping if we can't have a campfire, I mean really.  July has been notably wetter, and while some restrictions have lifted, the campfire ban has remained.  We're holding out, and making do.  Yesterday we got a taste with an afternoon of local fishing.

I enjoy the calmness of fishing.  The fish were shy - not a whole lotta catching going on, but that was fine. 

And, unbeknownst to me, I guess it was "Fish with Your Chihuahua Day" because there seemed to be quite a population of chihuahuas present.

Chihuahua with the fishing ladies in their little raft, chihuaua in the rocks with the big burly fisherman guy, chihuahua with the young fishing family, chihuahua fishing day.


From what I saw, the chihuahuas didn't catch anything either.
.

3 comments:

terri said...

Maybe there'd have been more fish being caught if the chihuahuas had been used as bait!

Did I really just say that???? I'm a dog lover and all!

Oh, but Chihuahuas don't really count!

agg79 said...

Dang. Miss Terri beat me to the punch line. I know that Chihuahuas are in the canine family, but when you dress them up in clothes and stuff them in your purse, they appear to be more ornamental, than protective. Of course, that discounts that one Chihuahua in LA that chased off some robbers.

Mary Lou Rosato-Caine said...

I like your funny Chihuahua story. Hope your back to camping and fires real soon :)