Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

frosty silence

I went out back this morning to clean up the dog run and thought I'd take a picture before it was all gone.

No, not the dog poo....

It was all purdy frosty this morning. The trees and fences and everything were covered with this frosty natural flocking. Here in Colorado, while we do get snow, our humidity is actually usually on the low side, so we don't get many frosty mornings like today's.

My photo doesn't really do it justice, but it's all I've got.

In other news, Meego's not speaking to me. Meego's not speaking to anyone. Laryngitis has claimed his voice. Remember being 10 years old? Remember how much you probably liked to talk? He's rather bummed, so we (pretend to) feel badly for him.


In other other news, all of my gift packages have arrived, so Christmas is a go. And.... LOWERS VOICE TO A MERE WHISPER.... I got this little missive from the milk man!:


Can you believe? How Risque! How BRAZEN! It was just sitting in the cooler right there on the front stoop! What if Magnum or one of the kids would've gotten to it before I did!?

Well, alls well that ends well, anyway. Clearly, he can't stop thinking about me.
.

3 comments:

terri said...

MY milkman gave ME a CALENDAR! The kind with a photo of a barn on it and a pocket to tuck things in... like appointment cards, or little notes, and such!

Glad to hear all your packages arrived. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

p.s. PRETTY picture!

Melinda said...

That made me laugh! Good thing you got to it first. I didn't even know there were milkmen anymore. I feel deprived.

Deirdre said...

I love that photograph!

And your blog posts are always so cute. :)