Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Silver Liningness Sunday

Another week bites the dust. Another one begins!

Firstly, Wednesday was my and The Magnum's 20th anniversary. GAWSH that sounds like a long time! He actually bought me stuff, too! We don't normally make a big deal about the anniversary date, plus I'm totally low maintenance when it comes to stuff like that anyways. That's probably why he married me in the first place.

This was a good productive week. I started tutor sessions with a new student and also started an online class, so work is picking up just in time for the kids to go back to school.

Speaking of which, school starts tomorrow! Summer's done. Boy, that was quick, but I managed to get Meego's supply list taken care of... well, except for the hand sanitizer which was picked clean. HAND SANITIZER, who do I have to sleep with to get some hand sanitizer around here!?!

And actually, Chaco and Wolfgang get one extra day of summer. Their school year begins Tuesday as tomorrow is dumb-freshmen-get-the-entire-building-to-themselves-day. We didn't have that when I was a high school freshman. We started proving our idiocy right from day one.

I did the drawing at left in celebration of back-to-school. I just felt a certain vibe in the air...
.

2 comments:

agg79 said...

Happy 20th! Given society's outlook on relationships , making it past 20 is a major event. Congratulations on making it to the big 2-0! You guys are definitely made for each other.

To me, it seems like school starts earlier each year (or is that a cliche')? Every year it seems to creep up earlier and earlier. Hope you find all of the required supplies without having to pawn your soul (I can send up a few bottles of Purell).

Good luck with school start up. Seems like summer is way too short before the chaos begins again.

terri said...

Congratulations on your 20th anniversary!

It does seem like the school year creeps up on us more quickly each year. I think that's part of getting older. The days, weeks and months just seem to fly by faster all the time. My boys start classes next week, Kacey, not until after Labor Day.